Craft Australia’s craft + design enquiry is featuring the upcoming theme Carbon Issue: Sustainability in Craft & Design
This issue includes academic papers documenting research that contributes to an understanding of sustainability as a context for craft and design. This understanding ranges from the practical to the symbolic.
Papers will include:
* A review historical movements such as the Arts & Crafts movement or Bauhaus
* A reflection on current craft and design projects
* An engagement with contemporary sustainability discourse
* A speculation on the future of craft and design in a world more than two degrees warmer than today
* A critical examination of the relationship between sustainability and the aesthetic dimension