I’m on the committee for this new craft and design research centre. The new journal offer an important opportunity for publishing research in contemporary craft.
2 October 2008
Craft and Design Research Centre
Call for Papers
Cross cultural exchanges in craft and design
The Craft Australia Craft and Design Research Centre has developed an online refereed journal. The e-journal will be published on the Craft Australia website and will promote the pursuit of academically rigorous craft·design research.
The inaugural call for papers is now open and the Craft Australia Craft and Design Research Centre is seeking contributions for 2009 on the theme Cross cultural exchanges in craft and design. We invite papers that interrogate cross-cultural practices, communicate the breadth of activity across cultural exchanges, and establish a dialogue between practice and policy for a rich and sustainable culture. We particularly welcome articles from authors who are involved in inter or trans-disciplinary research, as it relates to the broad fields of contemporary craft and design practice.
Areas for consideration in this theme include:
- Tourism and museums as a driver for innovative cross cultural practice
- The role of design and manufacture in cross cultural engagement
- Innovation for social and cultural sustainability
- The impact of government policies on cultural sustainability
- Mentoring between communities
- The internet and the global market for Indigenous craft and design
Deadline for submissions: 30 June 2009.
Email papers to email@example.com
Guidelines for Authors download
Craft and Design Research Centre Style Guide download
Cover Sheet to be attached to submission download